Header tag

Friday 5 June 2020

Reckless Chess, Part 2

My online Blitz Chess games seem to be developing a pattern, and it's a trend which is suiting me very nicely.

1. e4   e5
2. Nf3  Nc6
3. Bc4  d6
4.  0-0  Bg4
5. Re1 Nf6
6. h3  Bh5
7. g4  Nxg4



This is now the second time I've been able to pile in with this king-side sacrifice, and it's going fairly well.  Clearly it's wrong-footing my opponents, but it removes two of the three pawns in front of his king, and gives me a some entertaining games playing with my queen in front of his king:

8. hxg4 Bxg4 
9. Re3 Nd4 



Piling on the pressure, and developing my pieces while White's pieces stay in their starting positions.

10. c3 Nxf3+ 
11. Rxf3 Bxf3 
12. Bxf7+ Kxf7   
13. Qxf3+  Ke8 

Maybe my opponent thought a counter-sacrifice would work, but all he's done here is give me more material - I'm now ahead by the exchange and a pawn - and he's kindly opened the f-file.

14. d4 Qh4  - direct Chess at its most fun.
15. Kf1 Be7 
16. dxe5 Rf8 
17. Qe2 


Black (me) to play, played dxe5 and missed Qh1#

17.   ....   dxe5 (missing Qh1#)
18. Qb5+ c6 
0-1

The threats piling up around the white king include Qxf1# and if Qe1 then Qh1#.  There's also cxQ if White doesn't move his Queen.

As I said, I am enjoying the sacrifice on the g4 square, and so far it's reaping its benefit against people trying to play some form of Fried Liver Attack, with Nf3 and Bc4.

More to follow, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment