Header tag

Thursday 22 August 2019

"A Puzzle A Day" - How Old Is Aunt Tabitha (age in days)

Next puzzle - another interesting one: 

Aunt Tabitha was extremely touch about her age.  When an impudent nephew was brave enough to ask her, she cunningly replied that she was 35 years old, not counting Saturdays or Sundays.  How old was she?

So Aunt Tabitha has given her age in weekdays, and weekdays only account for five-sevenths of the total week.  Therefore, Aunt Tabitha's stated age of 35 is only five-sevenths of her actual age; 35 / (5/7) = 49.

So she's 49 years old.  But I'll leave it to the impudent nephew tell her that.

It might have been more interesting if she'd given her age as 14 years old in weekends - which is also a more exciting and appealing way of describing her age.

Having said all that, I can say that I'm 30 years old (excluding weekends), or, even better, 12 years old in weekends.  I'm not touchy about my age, but the thought of being 12 years old in weekends (and not even a teenager) is definitely more appealing than stating my actual age!

No comments:

Post a Comment